Bulk storage bin
|Skill and improvement|
A storage bin made from planks and strengthened with iron ribbons.
Bulk storage bins are useful for many reasons.
- You can store more than 100 objects into them.
- They stop all decay of objects put into them.
- They allow players to average the QL for items. This is not normally possible other way.
- They allow players to combine items it is not normally possible to combine, such as logs, and split up large combined items into smaller ones, such as lumps, cotton and woodscraps.
- It allows players to remove damage from unrepairable items without the Mend spell at the cost of having their quality reduced by a percent equal to the damage.
- If empty, they can be picked up.
There are some downsides to using BSB's.
- Averaging the quality of the items put in is not always a good thing, such as when high quality materials are required for improving.
- 5% of each of the stored items are lost every 30 days.
- Any enchants, renames, and other "special" characteristics on items put in are lost.
BSB's generally work very much like any other container, such as a large chest, with some differences.
- If a BSB is simply dropped it is "proximity" owned. Anyone can pick it up if the person who dropped it is not close by, and they have pickup rights in it's location (Deed, House, Wilderness).
- If a BSB is planted it is "fully" owned. Only the player who planted it can move or pick it up.
- When someone puts an item into a BSB that it does not already store, they are the "proximity" owner of that consolidated item.
- Others may add additional items to that consolidated item, but the ownership remains with the initial player.
- A locked BSB prevents anyone from using the BSB unless they unlock it first.
- It's been reported that empty, locked, planted BSB can be picked up also.
Note that on PVP servers, items that have proximity ownership can be stolen.
- Rare items cannot be put into a BSB.
- The last plank built onto the bin determines the type (cedar, pinewood, etc.).
- Finished bulk storage bins can be picked up if they are empty, but can be moved (pushed, pulled, and turned).
- They can be planted to prevent pickup by other people. If planted, only the owner can move them.
- Can be locked with a large padlock, which prevents use until unlocked.
- A BSB can hold 16000 units of volume.
- The bulk storage bin will visually change when more then half full to reflect its contents exceeding 8000 in volume.
- Items can be dragged directly from any container to the storage bin. They do not need to be moved into your inventory first. However, when taking items out, they must be moved into your inventory.
- Volume and Weight are not in the same proportion for different items, so some items store more efficiently in bulk storage bins than others.
- When you remove the last whole item, any remaining material of that type is lost.
- Destruction is possible for the BSB's creator or the holder of the key locking it, absent of deed restrictions.
- When a BSB is destroyed, all of the items inside of it are destroyed as well.
- A single empty BSB can be loaded into a Wagon but that is all that will fit. While loaded it cannot be used for storage.
Items that fit in:
|This article is out of date due to recent updates. You can help by adding to it.|
Note: Due to updates on 6/7 Feb 2013 this list is now outdated, We are waiting on stability on the BSB and FSB update before we expand this list.
| Max Units
|Arrow heads(Hunting, War)||0.030||0.040||1.333||533,333|
|Arrows(Hunting, War, Arrow shaft)||0.040||0.140||3.500||400,000|
|Dredge scraping lip||0.125||1.000||8.000||128,000|
|Iron fence bars||2.000||6.000||2.000||8,000|
|Lump(Iron, Copper, Lead)||1.000||1.000||1.000||16,000|
|Metal sheet (steel, silver or gold)||2.000||6.000||3.000||8,000|
|Mine door (wood)||63.000||42.000||0.667||253|
|Square piece of cloth||0.125||0.300||2.400||128,000|
|String of cloth||0.001||0.100||100.000||16,000,000|