|Skill and improvement|
A powerful chain barding to protect your noble steed.
- Tame or brand the animal you want to put the Chain barding on to
- Right click the animal and choose look>equipment.
- Drag and drop the Chain barding to the torso
- Chain barding takes up more space in a forge than the armor chains that are used to make it.
- Slows down the horse by a moderate amount.
- The quality of the large anvil affects your creation chance.
- Will not fit inside an empty backpack.
- Silver, seryll, glimmersteel, and adamantine barding do not show visually on a horse, but still offers protection and reduces speed.
- The type of metal does not affect protection offered by the barding.
- Barding must be cool before equipping on a horse. If it is too hot, you will see this message:
Creation chance examples
|Large anvil ql||Chain armour smithing skill||Creation chance|
|22.31 ql||19.47||6 %|
|9.56 ql||72||34 %|
|50 ql||72||63 %|
|60 ql||72||68 %|
|70 ql||72||75 %|