An NPC is a Non-Playing (or Player) Character. These so-called "bots" are implemented in Wurm to do certain functions such as trade, guard, protect, etc.
- All the animals and creatures of the world
- Personal Merchant, owned by a player with a Personal Merchant Contract
- Trader, owned by a player with a personal Trader contract
- Spirit guards and templars, guarding the villages
- Tower guards, guarding the kingdom guard towers
- Bartender, providing free food and water to any players with under 24 hours of play time.
- Guide, providing an in-game tutorial for beginners at the starter town.