...This is a very rare and interesting version of the item.
Players may occasionally succeed in creating rare, supreme or even fantastic items. Tools may be faster, weapons may do more damage, and armour could protect the wearer a bit better. These special items may also be made as you improve on regular items and those rare items may again turn into a supreme or fantastic item. Constructing new items using rare materials may turn the unfinished item into a rare item.
A "drum-roll" and visual cue appears when your chance to create or generate a rare item arises. The visual cue is a green halo which will surround the border of the screen, lasting a fraction of a second.
When rare items were introduced players were told "You get approximately 1 chance of 50% each hour to create a rare item." What this actually means to game play is unknown. The odds of creating a rare seem to be much higher than improving an item and making it rare.
|Disclaimer: Rare functionality is still in its infancy and any information listed may only be an observation of one or more players rather than a confirmed bonus.|
- Rare tools may work slightly faster, as if they were enchanted with Wind of Ages. For example, a 57.41 ql regular whetstone had a 12 second use while a rare 57.41 ql whetstone took 11.9 seconds.
- Lockpicks break less often and aid picking.
- Fishing rods receive less damage and have better odds at catching rare fish.
- Butchering knives increase meat yield and meat quality.
- Rare grooming brushes take 12.5% less damage.
- Rare Small anvil and Large Anvil both increase the quality cap (normally limited by the material quality) by 1.
- Saws increases the quality cap (normally limited by the material quality) by 1.
Weapons and Armor
- Rare weapons hit harder.
- Rare armor protects more.
- Arrows hit harder and miss less.
- Bows hit harder and miss less.
- War machines do more damage.
Vehicles, Mounts and Containers
- Containers (including boats) are harder to pick.
- Ships sail faster, still capped at their maximum. A rare ship will have an increase in speed as if there were another passenger on board.
- Carts move faster.
- Horse shoes improve speed. A rare horse shoe gives 0.72km.h (?) extra gain.
- Saddles improve speed. A rare saddle gives 0.72km.h extra speed.
- Locks are harder to pick.
- Yoyos and Puppets succeed more.
- Fires heat up faster and stay lit longer.
- Altars receive bonuses to normal effects and alignment during prayers and sermons.
- Food provides more nutrition.
- Drinks are more potent.
- Gems store more favor.
- Healing items give stronger effects.
- Signs allow for a few more letters to be carved.
- Rare rock shards can create whetstones 1 quality higher than the shard quality.
- A rare toolbelt has 1 more slot than the regular equivalent.
- Rare lye can create leather 1 quality higher than the hide.
- Rare ores smelt into rare lumps.
- Combining two rare clays yields still rare clay.
- Items have a subtle pulsating graphical effect.
- Items sometimes create their own item tree in inventory lists. Keep an eye out for those which don't!
- Some items have a chance to retain their rarity when combining with other non-rare items.
- Materials may not be put in a bulk storage bin or food storage bin.
- All types of item can become 'rare', but not all of them have advantages coded for them.
- Using rare small iron nails does not create a rare wooden fence.