Body stamina reflects how much stamina you can have in your stamina bar. It is represented by a green bar in the HUD and never is higher than your health. Body Stamina can be gained by woodcutting, digging, mining and milling on the Freedom cluster. On the Epic cluster, only woodcutting and milling give body stamina.
Having higher stamina means you can do more fatiguing actions before becoming exhausted. Stamina is what you use for almost every action in Wurm. An action started with less than full stamina will take longer than if the stamina bar was filled.
- The water bar affects Stamina regen noticeably at 80%
- The food bar affects Stamina regen noticeably at 25%
One of the most common causes of stamina not regenerating is forgetting to turn off climbing.
Actions that ignore stamina
These actions require the same amount of time to perform at any stamina level. They typically don't reduce your stamina, either. This list is only about timers. Doing these actions with no stamina will still reduce your skillgains to almost 0.
- Chopping up felled trees (drains stamina)
- Filleting meat/fish
- Flattening (drains stamina, aborts with no stamina)
- Mixing healing covers
- Praying (drains very little stamina)
- Prospecting (drains stamina)
- Sowing (drains very little stamina)
If you run out of stamina while in the water, you will start to drown.
If you run out of stamina in combat it becomes very hard to escape.
If you run out of stamina whilst climbing, you will cease climbing and fall.