|Skill and improvement|
"A devious trap made from sharp sticks that will be hard to detect in the grass"
Trigger message: "A stick trap triggers and hits you with full force!"
The stick trap is a trap used to slow players by damaging the legs.
- Creation success is influenced by the active large nails.
- Failure in creating will damage both the large nails and the plank; failure in continuing will damage the item being added.
- These are moderately easy to start and continue; about 20 carpentry is recommended.
- The success rate is highly dependent on the quality of the material.
- Improvement uses the carpentry skill and items: carving knife, pelt, file, and log.
- Higher quality traps deal more damage.
- Stick are placed on grass and dirt tiles, the traps skill affects the placement chance.
- Failed trap setting message: "Sadly, you fail to set the trap correctly. The trap triggers and is destroyed."
- Only works on servers with PvP enabled.
- The trap's volume is very large (50kg); a single trap is too big to fit in a small cart.
- Improving these is an adequate way to train carpentry.
- These are arguably the easiest traps to create, at least in the availability of parts.
- An unarmored player can take two leg wounds of up to 20 damage each from a 50QL stick trap.