A lair is where monsters of a certain type spawn around.
They do not spawn exactly on that tile but nearby up to 50 (100?) tiles. Creatures can be lured away. The name on the lair object shows you what type of creature will spawn around that location.
Known Lair Names
- Bear cave spawns Brown bears and Black bears
- Cave bug mound spawns Cave bugs
- Crocodile lair spawns Crocodiles
- Deer yard spawns Deer
- Dog hole spawns Dogs
- Garbage pile spawns Rats
- Goblin hut spawns Goblins
- Mountain lion hideout spawns Mountain lions
- Scorpion stone spawns Scorpions
- Spider lair spawns Spiders
- Troll mound spawns Trolls
- Unicorn rustle spawns Unicorns
- Wild cat hideout spawns Wild cats
- Wolf den spawns Wolves
Lairs will also spawn special types of creatures sometimes like champions and greenish animals 'Young champion scorpion' 'Young greenish troll'.
Champion animals are much much larger than the original animal and a lot stronger.
Greenish animals are a little bigger than their regular counterparts and hit harder then their regular counterparts.