|Skill and improvement|
An impressive merchant ship.
The largest ship possible to construct, this huge ship requires 36 skill to start. Has permission management.
24 Mind logic is required to command this ship.
The Caravel is a good merchant ship but can be impractical. Its size can make some areas impassable. But its size is also its advantage, as the Caravel's large hold means that it can transport a massive amount of materials - making it a useful ship for the sale and delivery of bulk supplies - although it is very difficult to construct and can be expensive to buy.
Note that you do not have to have 35 strength to avoid beaching the boat - so long as it is not moored then you can still push and pull the boat off of a reef.
- Passengers: 1 Captain + 13 crew
- Maximum speed: 30.88km/h (solo)
- Maximum speed: 34.13km/h (full crew)
- Hold Capacity: >86 000 kg (100 rafts full of stone shards)
- Creature Cage Capacity: 8
- Size: 5 tiles by 3 tiles (?)
- Height: 35 dirt from water level to deck(?)
- Weight: 2450kg (35 strength minimum to drag)
- 310x tenon (10x for stern)
- 1x tall mast (for tall square rig)
- 7x square sail (6x for tall square rig, 1x for square rig)
- 24x cordage rope (16x for tall square rig, 2x for spinnaker rig, 4x for square rig, 2x for triangular rig)
- 10x large tackle (8x for tall square rig, 2x for square rig)
- 10x small tackle (4x for tall square rig, 2x for spinnaker rig, 2x for square rig, 2x for triangular rig)
- 4x Iron ribbon (for crows nest)
- 24x plank (13x for crows nest) (5x for ship helm, 6x for rudder)
- 628x peg (8x for ship helm, 20x for stern)
- 7x shaft (6x for ship helm, 1x for rudder)
- 150x tar
- 80x deck board
- 2x small mast (1x for spinnaker rig, 1x for triangular rig)
- 1x small square sail (for spinnaker rig)
- 8x mooring rope
- 1x medium mast (for square rig)
- 1x triangular sail (for triangular rig)
- 12x thick rope
- 5x keel section
- 10x Belaying pin
- 411x hull plank (11x for stern)
- 10x oars
- Total components: 1716
- Ships with a quality of less than 10 cannot be commanded.
- This includes ships whose damage percentage would calculate to bring the quality below 10 (eg. a 12 quality ship with 17 damage calculates to a ship below 10 quality).
- Repairing a ship can sometimes result in the ship retaining a quality above 10, thus being commandable once again.
- The most difficult ships to build. Higher quality of parts being attached improves chance of success.
- Caravel can be started at 34 with a 35ql keel or better, 6% chance.
List is a work in progress.
See Load cargo for exhaustive list of loadable/non-loadable items by smallest vehicle type.