Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Skill and improvement|
A range pole used in surveying operations. It has bands of the same thickness of alternating colours (white and red).
When another player uses a Dioptra on you, a string of event window messages will follow:
- <Player> waves at you.
- <Player> just signaled to you, so make sure you are holding your range pole and you are facing them!
A range pole is used by right-clicking the ground with it activated and choosing "Hold" in the menu. This will prompt the following event window messages:
- You hold the range pole vertically in front of you.
- You call out to the range pole. It better be ready now!
- Your arms have got tired holding the range pole vertical in front of you, so you stop.
- The staff must be made out of wood.
- The maximum distance in metres between planner and helper is pole quality x 1.6. As an approximation for the number of tiles the user can span with the pole's use, the formula is quality x 0.4.