Difference between revisions of "Runes"
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
Latest revision as of 06:47, 14 February 2020
Runes are items that can be used to give other items a bonus, or used one time to activate their effect.
Runes are crafted by using different materials found at rifts (rift crystal, rift stone shard, and rift wood) combined with a lump of metal. The different combinations will create different rune types, each type giving a different effect.
When crafting a rift resource with a lump of metal, you are given the option of 5 different rune types:
Each god and metal combination creates a rune of a different effect; that is, a brass rune of Libila will not have the same effect as a brass rune of Magranon. Some may be similar in effect, with different strengths. Any player of any religion can make any rune of any god-type. However, creating runes of one's own corresponding god-type gives a bonus and is easier at creation. Jackal runes are, therefore, the most difficult to work with all the way around.
The combination of metal type and god type will determine the effect of a rune.
The rift resource used will determine what the rune can be attached to or used on.
- Rift wood runes - can be used on wooden items, and use fine carpentry skill to create.
- Rift crystal runes - can be used on metal items, and use jewelry smithing skill to create.
- Rift stone runes - can be used on stone, pottery, cloth and leather items, and use stonecutting skill to create.
|Rune Combination List|
|Adamantine||5% less enchant decay, 5% Enchant Success||1x Random color on item||10% Less enchant decay||10% Vehicle Speed||7.5% Vehicle Speed, 5% Less decay||10% enchant success, 10% less decay|
|Brass||5% More quality when imped, 5% higher gathering QL||"Decent" Glow||"Okay" Glow, 5% higher gather QL||10% more quality when imped||"Slight" Glow, 7.5% more quality when imped||10% less damage taken, 10% less weight|
|Bronze||10% Wind Speed||1x Goat Shape (Spell)||10% higher gather QL||5% higher gather QL, 5% less enchant decay||7.5% Wind Speed, 5% Vehicle Speed||10% more quality when imped, 10% less enchant decay|
|Copper||1x Charm Animal (Spell)||5% Higher improve chance, 5% Less Decay on contents||1x Locate Soul (Spell)||5% Higher improve chance, 5% Increased rarity chance||7.5% Higher improve chance||10% Higher improve chance, 10% less QL loss from repairing|
|Electrum||1x Reduce creature's age *||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||?|
|Glimmersteel||10% skill level bonus||5% skill level bonus, 5% more quality when imped||10% usage speed||5% usage speed, 5% skill level bonus||5% usage speed, 5% more quality when imped||10% usage speed, 10% shatter resistance|
|Gold||10% raking/harvesting||10% reduced size||5% raking/harvesting, 5% less weight (any item)||5% reduced size, 5% less weight||1x reveal creatures (Spell)||10% less QL loss from repairing, 10% less damage taken|
|Iron||10% less fuel usage||5% raking/harvesting, 5% less decay (any item)||1x light token (Spell)||1x sunder (spell)||5% less fuel usage, 5% less decay||10% reduced size, 10% less enchant decay|
|Lead||5% less QL loss from repairing, 5% usage speed||10% less volume||5% reduced volume, 5% usage speed||10% less QL lost when repaired||5% less QL lost when repaired, 5% increased volume||10% reduced volume, 10% usage speed|
|Seryll||10% enchant success||5% enchant success, 5% less QL loss from repairing||5% shatter resistance, 5% less QL loss from repairing||10% shatter resistance||5% shatter resistance, 5% enchant success||10% enchant success, 10% shatter resistance|
|Silver||"Okay glow", 5% skill level bonus||"Okay glow", 7.5% increased volume||5% increased volume, 5% less decay on contents||10% increased volume||10% less decay on contents||10% increased volume, 10% less decay on contents|
|Steel||5% less decay, 5% less damage taken||10% less decay||5% less damage taken, 5% wind speed (any item)||5% reduced decay, 5% more wind speed (any item)||10% less damage taken||10% less damage taken, 10% less decay|
|Tin||5% increased rarity chance, 5% less damage taken||1x refresh (Spell)||5% increased rarity chance, 5% higher improve chance||1x mole senses (Spell)||10% increased rarity chance||10% increased rarity chance, 10% higher improve chance|
|Zinc||1x morning fog (Spell)||5% less weight, 5% vehicle speed (any item)||10% less weight||5% increased size, 5% vehicle speed (any item)||1x mend (Spell)||10% less weight , 10% increased size|
- * Reduces age by a percentage of the current age. Creatures cannot be pregnant when the rune is used. The minimum age this can be used on is Aged (12 months)
- ** Runes of The Scavenger can be found on items recovered through Restoration, and cannot be created or attached to existing items.
- *** "Skill level bonus" reduces the distance of the skill's value from 100 by the percentage given, but only for the purpose of random skill checks. For example, a pickaxe with this rune would harvest slightly higher quality ore on average, but will not increase the maximum quality possible.
- Application of runes can usually be done by the owner. For vehicles, manage permission is required.
- Chance to successfully attach a rune depends on Soul Depth and the Quality of the rune.
- On-deed, the player doing the attaching must have improve/repair and pickup permissions.
- Can only attach them to completed items.
- Only one rune can be attached to an item.
- Attaching a new rune will replace the previous rune.
- If replacing the color change rune (Adamantine, Jackal), the color will remain on the item.
- Creation success will consume 0.2kg of the material, failure consumes 0.01kg.
- Runes decay dramatically fast outside of inventory.
- Runes are removed by a priest's dispel casting.
- Runes can also be replaced by attaching a new rune.
- Runes with the Glow effect cannot be applied to items that can be lit, such as forges or smelters.
- Runes that increase volume will allow the affected container to hold more of items that already fit.
- Runes that increase size will allow the affected container to hold bigger items.
- Any runes on weapon heads or spear heads will transfer over to the completed item when combined.