Difference between revisions of "Sorcery"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Latest revision as of 11:48, 10 May 2021
- Sorcery abilities are learned from magic tomes or through special Valrei items.
- Each sorcery item comes with its own unique ability as well as a resistance and a weakness to a certain type of damage.
- On Freedom: Sorcery items have a chance to be dropped by a unique monster upon death. (These are dropped before the butcher, similar to how a troll may drop a Troll club). These tomes have 1 or 3 charges.
- On Epic: Sorcery items are acquired through the completion of missions and obtaining scenario points. If the main god of your kingdom wins the current scenario on the Valrei map, then each scenario point acquired works like a raffle ticket (a random point is drawn and a sorcery item is given). These tomes have 1 charge on Epic.
- Each sorcery item comes with charges that grant its effect to the player that uses it. To gain powers from a sorcery item, it must be used near an altar. Attempting to 'use' it in an inappropriate place will result in a message telling you what other conditions must be fulfilled. Do note that a bowl on the ground also counts as an altar.
- Titles are also granted to players who obtain certain sorcery powers. See chart below for more details.
- In order to cast sorcery spells, activate a gem staff, right click your target, and choose the spell. Be mindful that sorcery spells cost karma.
- Sorcery spells scale with mind logic just as priest spells scale with channeling
- Casting sorcery spells uses between 500-750 karma per cast depending on the tome
Titles with item names are only available if that is the only item you have used. Using more than one item will always result in another title. (Table with tome title combinations is in progress).
|Smoke from Sol||Occultist||Karma Disease||Causes 19dmg infected wound||Physical||Poison|
|White cherry||Enchanter(m)/Norn(f)||Rust Monster||Attacker's weapon takes more damage (doubles damage)||Water||Disease|
|Red tome of magic||Sorcerer||Fireball||AoE Fireball||Fire||Internal|
|Red cherry||Evocator||Karma Bolt||Causes 19dmg head wound||Poison||Physical|
|Blood of the angels||Conjurer(m)/Mesmerizer(f)||Continuum / Mirrored Self||20% Damage reduction for duration / Creates 3 illusions only enemies can see||Acid||Cold|
|Green cherry||Berserker(m)/Valkyrie(f)||Stoneskin||Attacker misses next three attacks||Internal||Fire|
|Giant walnut||Druid||Lightning||Causes a head wound||Internal||Fire|
|Green tome of magic||Worgmaster||Summon Worg||Summons a Worg||Internal||Fire|
|Black tome of magic||Necromancer(m)/Witch(f)||Summon Skeletons/Wraith||Summons 1-9 Skeletons/ 1 Wraith||Disease||Water|
|Blue tome of magic||Illusionist||Stone Wall / Ice wall||Click tile border to create a wall of stone / Ice||Cold||Acid|
|Scroll of binding||Spellbinder||Karma Slow||Slows attack speed||Crush||Slash|
|Libram of the night||Inquisitor||Karma Missile||Causes 4 acid wounds on the target||Pierce||Bite|
|Slime of Uttacha||Witch Hunter(m)/Soothsayer(f)||True Strike||Next hit is 100% crit||Slash||Crush|
|White tome of magic||Summoner(m)/Medium(f)||Fire Wall / Ice Wall||Summons a wall of fire on tile border||Bite||Pierce|
|Tome of incineration||Incinerator (m/f?)||Incinerate||DoT fire spell||Fire||Bite|
|Key to the heavens||Ascended||0-3 random abilities|