Take a look at the difference between how this page renders between browsers , especially IE6.
I don't preach to people about which browser they should use...It does genuinely look/work best in Gecko-based browsers. --Lain Iwakura 18:52, 30 November 2006 (CST)
- I suppose you're talking about the rounded corners, which you add using a vendor prefix -- no wonder it looks different. I could start using IE-specific or Opera-specific stuff as well, and then claim the wiki looks better in those browsers. However, that's not what it's here for. The wiki is a source of information for people playing Wurm, not a browser advertisement. - Dashiva 19:12, 30 November 2006 (CST)
Heya thanks [[Template talk:Keyboardkey|for fixing that]]..one carriage return! It's always the simple fixes isn't it? Doh! Occam's Razor wins again I guess... --Lain Iwakura 01:35, 26 January 2007 (CST)
Today I have reduced the amount of uncategorised dramaticly, reducing it to only 23 pages. I have noticed that AstroResearch 1 is uncategorised, I however cannot edit this, so please can you, if possible. How do I catergorise foreign language pages also? I was not sure how. Thanks --Mollsmolyneux 14:35, 7 January 2008 (CST)
- The Babel categories should be limited to English pages. Other languages have their own general categories. I can't help you with Astroresearch, you need a sysop like Egal or Kilean for that. - Dashiva 01:53, 8 January 2008 (CST)
Thanks for the compliment :D And I like your idea also :D - Tritus
Should I just stop changing things on the wiki? It seems like every other contribution I make gets undone. Stupid wurm players givin me false info. I had 6 people tell me that the trees were backwards, one of them a PA I believe.--Zindikasheen 23:07, 26 February 2009 (CST)
All the namespace correction work you do...
Just to say keep up the good work! Without you Wurmpedia would be a much messier place. -- Lain Iwakura 10:22, 11 July 2008 (CDT)
- Thanks. I have a dream, though, that one day I won't be needed anymore. :-) - Dashiva 11:33, 11 July 2008 (CDT)
One Day You Will Not Be Needed ..
I dont know how to do this ...
... can we have a template to make the top and bottom of every page say something like? ..
Ingame: <f1> wiki [[pagename]]
- Doing it on every page would mean adding a template to every page, which brings up some design questions. If it's meant for every single page on the wiki, doing it as a wiki extension would be best. If it's just for items, we could add it to the item template. If it's, say, all the pages in the CDB, we could make a lint-and-breadcrumbs template and add that to those. - Dashiva 15:49, 17 July 2008 (CDT)
- Well, retrospectively I realise that I phrased my question poorly since it implies that I was asking for that to be done rather than what I actually meant which was more are we allowed to do that and how would I go about doing so.
- What had been in my mind at the time was that I had been trying to work out how to make the ingame wiki more helpful and that one way of doing that would be to make it clearer to players to start with that it was there for them to use.
- If you want to improve the ingame wiki experience, I suggest you start with the client team. Getting integrated wiki search and a visible-by-default wiki browser would help more than anything we could do here on the wiki. Making it visible informs people it exists, whereas putting text on a wiki they don't know exists won't help them much. Giving them search capability is showing they can look up anything, instead of just the items they click on. The killer finish would be ingame wiki editing, but that's a much more difficult problem to solve.
- But for starters, a 'how to view this page' message could be added fairly easily if you can convince Egal. - Dashiva 13:00, 18 July 2008 (CDT)
- Ok, sorry. I hope I did not make any mistakes or anything. Was it the change to the table fields that was disconcerting or the chane that added basic headings Location, Description, History?
- I did really sort of want Elders and Citizens listed on the Kallana Verde page and that was the obvious place to put them.
The infobox is only meant to summarize key information, everything else goes in the article itself. We don't want aricles containing just an infobox and nothing else. :-) If you're looking for an example layout, try Settlement:Retirement for the Old and Insane. They have a quite extensive citizen list. - Dashiva 09:34, 27 September 2008 (CDT)
Hehe :D Yep I guess that would make for a very large info box! --Tritus
Hi, is there any chance of getting the image that I made for this page uploaded to the wiki?
Its not very big or very detailed but it does show each server as they are arrenged from west to east and is easier to understand than all the text descriptions.
If you want I can also add the individual images to my imageshack page so that they could be used as icons on any page to link to the various maps.
Tritus 08:05, 6 October 2008 (CDT)
- You've been registered for a while now and you haven't shown any bad behavior (misunderstandings aside), so I don't think you should have any trouble getting upload permissions. Just talk to Egal on IRC. - Dashiva 12:58, 6 October 2008 (CDT)