Plate armour smithing
Skill gained while creating and improving plate armours. Influences the success ratio and the quality of the outcome.
See also: Category:Plate armour
See also: Category:Dragon scale armour
- Platesmith at 50 skill
- Renowned Platesmith at 70 skill
- Master Platesmith at 90 skill
- For information about making steel, see the metallurgy page.
- Use your lowest quality lump for the creation of items.
- You can sort your lumps either by using containers or by using the "sort by quality" button on the forge's inventory menu. Using a lump more than about 10 quality higher than what you are improving can be wasteful. However using a lump only a few quality higher than the target lowers the chance to succeed, especially at higher qualities.
- For efficient grinding, gauntlets use the least amount of lump to make or improve. Great Helms use more lump but are far more useful and easier to sell or trade.