|Skill and improvement|
A short but sturdy axe with a thick blade.
- The small axe is primarily a weapon. Much like the small maul and short sword, it sacrifices damage for increased accuracy, speed, and parry rate. The standard relationship between swords, mauls, and axes suggests that small axes most likely do more damage than short swords and small mauls, but perhaps parries less than both.
- Used for cutting down trees, shrubbery, and chopping up felled trees.
- Skills: Axes -> Small axe
- Strength: 0.250 (Stronget than the small maul)
- Attack Speed: 3 seconds
- Damage Type: Cutting
- Parry Rate: Low
- Wielding: One-hander
- It is the lightest of four varieties of axe and as such will not do much damage in combat, although it is rather fast.
- In the past, a birchwood version of this axe was included in the newbie starter kit, but it was replaced by the hatchet as of a patch in late 2007.
- Can be used to chop trees/bushes to skill the weapon up to 20.