A large Black Light shines upon it, which is visible from most of the server.
The destruction of the Bone Altar is one of the goals in the war between the White Light Kingdoms and the Horde of the Summoned. It is rumoured that destroying a Great Altar requires your followers to have more than 5000 faith in total. The Break Altar spell or certain Artifacts can be used to destroy an Altar. Damaging one of the Altars triggers a server-wide event message, alarming any who may want to intervene.
The effects of destroying the Bone Altar are as follows, and are server specific to which the Altar resides on (these were learned from the results of a bug, and may change):
- Removal of the ability to become a BL Priest or Champion.
- Removal of all Libila Priests and Champions.
- Removal of all Libila Altars.
- Destruction of Libila.
Look at you. Pitiful creature. You seek the powers of the Whisperer? They may be available. I am the Hate and the Deceit, but know that I will help you much. Know that I want revenge for the betrayal by the others. This is why the scythe is my symbol. Become my tool and my weapon. Let me sharpen you, and let me run you through the heart of my enemies. For this I will reward you greatly. You will be given powers beyond normal mortal possibilities. Exact my revenge anywhere, anytime and anyhow. Make it painful and frightening. Together, let us enter the Forbidden Lands. We are all in our right to do so! Let us grow together, and throw our enemies into the void! Are you ready to join the Horde of the Summoned? Know that if you choose not to, you are against me!
- You cannot place a Deed or Guard Tower within the Holy Ground that covers the Bone Altar
- There was originally a Bone Altar on the Wild server before it was briefly removed, only to be re-introduced on the same server (now known as Chaos).
- You may convert to Tosiek or Nathan at the Bone Altar as well, however the selection is random and you must keep trying until the desired deity is offered.