|Skill and improvement|
A fragment of another item. You think you can see how multiples of these fragments may fit together in a way that restores the original item. A [metal brush/chisel] would be useful to clear away some dirt and rock from it.
Unidentified fragments are found by investigating a tile.
- The IDENTIFY action can be bound to a key.
Once identified, the fragment will state how many other fragments need to be combined in order to create a finished product.
This uses the Restoration skill.
Either upon investigation, or during the restoration process, you may encounter one of the following types of partially identified fragments.
- Unidentified Wooden fragment
- Unidentified Weapon fragment
- Unidentified Tool fragment
- Unidentified Metal fragment
- Unidentified Container fragment
- Unidentified Brick fragment
- Unidentified Armor fragment
at higher skill levels you may dig an item of a specific type directly, eg. ore fragment or wooden fragment. basically at any point on the identification spectrum.