|Skill and improvement|
This wooden brush is used to groom animals. Its wooden handle is lined with lots of thin, strong wemp straws.
Grooming brushes are used to groom all domesticated animals. Grooming raises your animal husbandry skill, it helps diseased animals to get healthy, and it helps preventing animals from catching further disease.
- Activate the grooming brush, right-click an animal, and select Groom.
If the option does not appear, then this type of creature cannot be groomed. If the animal has already been groomed recently, you will get the message that this animal is already well tended.
While tending you will get some of several event messages.
Failure grooming will result in a different event message at the end.
- Animals can be groomed again after 1 real life hour.
- The quality of the grooming brush affects your success chance to groom.
- Failing to groom animals does not damage the grooming brush, successes do.
- The creation quality of the brush is one fifth of your carpentry skill.
- The quality of the wemp fibre affects your chance at creating.
- Failure at creating causes 0.03 kg of wemp fibre to be consumed.
- Rare grooming brushes are believed to take 12.5% less damage from use.