Jump to navigation Jump to search
Shield bashing is the skill of the advanced use of shields, offensively and defensively, in combat. A successful shield bash can stun the opponent and knock them to the ground.
- While having a shield equipped in the shield slot on the left arm, select shield bash from the combat stance bar (or bind SHIELD_BASH to some key). Successful bashing in combat results in an event message about the enemy combatant "sprawling on the ground".
- The quality of the shield used makes no difference to the chance of knocking down the intended target.
- Shield bashing skill does not change the duration between bashes.
- The use of differing fighting stances, approaches, and skills have no effect on shield bashing.
- While shield bashing, players may gain both shield and shield bashing skill.
- The duration of a successful "stun" varies and is not known to have any maximum limit.
- Depending on shield bashing skill and the defenses of the opponent, some damage may also be dealt in a successful bash. Factors in this possible damage include the player's and their opponent's body control as well as what armour, if any, the person being shield-bashed is wearing.
- Shield bashing does cause extra damage to the shield in the form of extra damage "ticks" beyond those assessed in normal shield use.
Skills & Characteristics
- Fighting > Shield bashing
- Basher at 50 skill
- Stunner at 70 skill
- Juggernaut at 90 skill