Rod of transmutation
This item cannot be crafted.
|Skill and improvement|
A two foot long granite rod that turns a normal cave tile into the ore of your choice. The tile will have max ql limit of 99 and 10 000 mining operations. The rod is destroyed in the process.
Rod of transmutation turns a normal cave tile into the vein of your choice. Using the wand will provide ore up to 99 QL and will allow for about 10,000 mining operations. The rod is destroyed when used.
- The rod can be bought from a trader for 50 silver coins. It weighs 1.00 kg, and is a no drop item.
- The following veins or walls can be created: Iron, Gold, Silver, Copper, Tin, Zinc, Lead, Slate, Sandstone or Marble.
- Cannot create Rock, Adamantine, Glimmersteel, or Rock salt.
- If used on an ore vein or a support beamed tile it gives this message: "This rod only works on normal cave walls."
- Ore quality received is still based on mining level
Note: Rods do create 99QL veins on the Epic home servers. Rolf has confirmed that this is "expected".
Rod used on "Normal quality" rock.
Prospect : You would mine tin ore here. It is of normal quality. Using a Tuning fork : You ding the tuning fork of metal detection on the wall. From the sounds you realize that the ore here has a max qualitylevel of 99. You will be able to mine here 9990 times more.