Jump to navigation Jump to search
Main / Bait
When used on a hook, bait increases the chance of catching particular fish. There are 12 types of bait:
- Fly - You catch these using a pottery jar with a bit of honey in it, on animals.
- Small piece of cheese - Cheese broken into smaller pieces.
- Dough ball - a small ball of dough.
- Wurm - Found on dirt and mycelium tiles.
- Sardine - Caught using fishing nets in shallows.
- Roach - Caught in shallow waters.
- Perch - Caught in shallow waters.
- Minnow - Caught in caves.
- Bit of fish - Small fish chopped up.
- Grub - Found in shriveled trees, pried out using an awl.
- Grain of wheat - from wheat!
- Corn kernel - from corn.
- Each time a fish bites on a baited line, the bait will take damage (e.g. the fish eats a bit of it).
- Bait is not required to catch fish (i.e. you can catch fish without bait), but the chances are a lot lower. Different fish prefer different bait.
- Bait is automatically replaced, if its eaten away, with one of the same type from your best tackle box at the end of the fish action..
- Rare bait increases time the fish eats from it, thus making it easier to hook the fish.
- Bait can only be stored in the tackle box, and will take decay.