The aquatic life of Wurm
Yum! Fish make a tasty treat when cooked! They can also be eaten raw.
All fish now have a set of attributes which determine where and when they are more likely to be caught:
- Preferred water type (lake, sea, etc)
- Minimum and maximum depth.
- Rod types.
- Time of day - some fish like to feed in the morning, afternoon, evening or even at night
- Baits - each fish has a favorite bait, some baits it likes, others it is less likely to eat, and some it will never touch.
- Outside or in caves - some fish are only found underground. Rare fish can only be caught on special tiles (which are out at sea).
- Feeding height:
Water has several depths, allowing for fish to prefer a particular level:
- Top - near the surface of the water
- Bottom - near the bottom of the water column
- Any - anywhere in the water column
Some fish will feed at different levels, depending on the time of day.
- Morning they like the top level.
- Afternoon any level.
- Evening they are bottom level feeders.
- Night any level again.
Fish weight is based on its QL. For each fish species there is a multiplier for this formula: QL * multiplier. Formula: weight divided by 3 and multiplied with the shown damage multiplier, then rounded down to one decimal.
Your skill in fishing reduces the rod damage and the chance to break.
|Time (See Legend)||Bait (See Legend)|
|Fish||Morning||Afternoon||Evening||Night||N||F||CP||DB||W||S||R||P||M||FB||G||WG||CK||Pole||Surface/Cave||Water||Feed Height||Swim Depth||Special?||Weight (10ql)||Multiplier||Rod damage*|
|Smallmouth bass||2||2||4||4||1||1||1||1||10||1||1||1||1||5||1||1||1||P,BR,FR||Surface||L||Bottom||0 - 60||N||??kg||??||??|
Swim Depth Legend: If the depth of the water is between the min and max, then the fish is more likely to be caught; otherwise it’s harder the further away from either limit you are.
Feed Times Legend: A higher number means the fish is more likely to feed at those times.
Time Legend: Morning (4:30-10:30) | Afternoon (10:30-16:30) | Evening (16:30-22:30) | Night (22:30-4:30)
Bait Legend: The higher the number, the higher chance to catch the fish. Zero means no chance (i.e. the fish refuses to eat that bait).
Fly = F | Cheese Piece = CP | Dough Ball = DB | Wurm = W | Sardines = S | Roach = R |Perch = P | Minnow = M | Fish Bait = FB | Grub = G | Wheat Grain = WG | Corn Kernel = CK | None = N
Water Legend: S = Sea | Sh= Sea Shallows | L = Lake | LSh= Lake Shallows | P = Pond | W = Water | A = Any
Pole Legend: Pole = P | Basic Rod = BR | Fine Rod = FR | Deep Water Rod = DWR | Professional Rod = PR | Spear = S
* = damage on the fishing rod is based on the fish weight. Clams and bearsharks not listed here; move on!
Certain rarity bonuses have been discovered for both fish and fishing rods.
Rare rolls are at the "Something Bites" event message.
At this point you have a chance to actually catch the fish, have your line snap, or have the fish get away. At lower fishing skills you may lose these fish more often than at higher skill levels. These fish are slightly heavier than a fish of the same quality level. You can use them in meals, but they will not make the meal rare nor will butchering them give rare fillets. They may be sacrificed at an altar for a refresh like all other rares.
- Fish decay extremely rapidly after a few hours in your inventory and out of water. To prevent decay, fish can be stored in food storage bins and in crates.
- One can also store fish in a Fish keep net to reduce decay during a fishing session
- Look for fish swimming in deeper water for better and bigger fish.
- A boat is necessary to fish in the middle of an ocean or lake.
- Smaller fish are excellent to use as taming meat, as they are usually very high quality.
See fishing for more details.