Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Skill and improvement|
A metal brand on a sturdy metal shaft.
- Heat the branding iron to "it is hot" or hotter.
- Make sure you and the animal are within the deed you are a member of.
- Activate the branding iron, right-click the animal, and select Brand.
- After use, the branding iron loses 0.10QL instead of taking actual damage.
Messages given when branding
- You prepare to brand [animal, e.g. Young fat horse].
- Determined, you raise your branding iron.
- The [animal] makes a [horrible / pleasant] sound as you press your branding iron against it.
- Removal of the brand uses the same procedure as listed above.
- When examining the animal after branding, it will say: "It has been been branded by and belongs to the settlement of [Settlement]."'
- Once branded, members of that village can lead the animal, no matter where it is.
- Branding a horse also allows you to set riding permissions as well as equip an animal without needing to tame it first. Denial of permissions here overrides deed permissions.
- Branded horses also have the same protection when dead as when alive (until the next server restart), meaning only those who have permissions may take items from the corpse.
- Can only be used on animals that are leadable.
- Only the deed that created the brand can remove it.
- A settlement cannot remove or overwrite a brand from a different settlement.
- PVE: The maximum number of branded animals per deed is (number of tiles)/11. This does not include perimeter tiles.
- You can see the number of branded animals in Settlement info: The tile per creature ratio of this deed is 45.621952. Optimal is 15.0 or more. This is a good figure. There are 35 creatures currently branded.