Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Skill and improvement|
A metal brand on a sturdy metal shaft.
- Heat the branding iron to "it is hot" or hotter.
- Make sure you and the animal are within the deed you are a member of.
- Activate the branding iron, right-click the animal, and select Brand.
- After use, the branding iron loses 0.10QL instead of taking actual damage.
Messages given when branding
- You prepare to brand [animal, e.g. Young fat horse].
- Determined, you raise your branding iron.
- The [animal] makes a [horrible / pleasant] sound as you press your branding iron against it.
- Removal of the brand uses the same procedure as listed above.
- When examining the animal after branding, it will say: "It has been branded by and belongs to the settlement of [Settlement]."'
- Once branded, members of that village can lead the animal, no matter where it is.
- Branding a horse also allows you to set riding permissions, as well as equip an animal without needing to tame it first, though only on PVE servers and deeds. Denial of permissions here overrides deed permissions.
- Branded horses also have the same protection when dead as when alive (until the next server restart), meaning only those who have permissions may take items from the corpse.
- Can only be used on animals that are leadable.
- Only the deed that created the brand can remove it.
- A settlement cannot remove or overwrite a brand from a different settlement.
- PVE: The maximum number of branded animals per deed is (number of tiles)/11. This does not include perimeter tiles.
- You can see the number of branded animals in Settlement info: The tile per creature ratio of this deed is 45.621952. Optimal is 15.0 or more. This is a good figure. There are 35 creatures currently branded.