The quality of the item you create will be no more than 0.2 x skill (skill is the one associated with the item you are creating). For example: If you have 35.21 skill in jewelry making, the best you can get will be an item of quality 7.04. Note: This is the creation quality of the item, not the highest quality you can improve an item to. Improving items are greatly based off skill and the random number generator.
The following tools are needed for improving and finishing smithing items:
- Weapon smithing - Used in the creation of weapons such as swords and axes used in fighting and bladed tools such as scythes and sickles.
- Armour smithing - Used in the creation of armour for added protection against attacks.
- Blacksmithing - Used in things such as nails or pots and pans.
- Locksmithing - Used in the creation of locks and lockpicks
- Metallurgy - Used in the creation of alloys like steel, bronze and brass
- Jewelry smithing - Used to make jewelry.
There are no items created directly by the smithing skill.
See smithing items for a complete list of smithing items.
- Smith at 50 skill
- Tinker at 70 skill
- Master Smith at 90 skill