The client is the application/program software used to play Wurm Online. There are currently four versions that may be downloaded and used.
- Stable, fully released client with generally stable features and fixed bugs.
- Low Memory Stable client, same as the stable client, but requiring less RAM (memory).
- Preview client, new client with updated LWJGL 3 Library, in development.
Legacy, a pre-4.0 client currently being offered only if the current client is not working for the player.
- Due to the update on 11/02/2017, the legacy client will no longer connect. If you are encountering issues with the stable client, please use the low memory client
- Unstable, after testing, new features and bugfixes are added.
- Test, new features and bugfixes added first.
Please note: As of 09/01/2017, the unstable client has become the new stable client. There is currently no unstable client in play at this time.
Stable client : This is the current version of the client that is normally used. It is fully supported and all of the content has gone through all tests. Any bugs found and reported would be investigated and fixed, depending on their severity.
Low Memory client: This is the current version of the client that can be used if your memory limitations restrict you from using the current stable client. It uses the same memory limits as the pre-4.0 clients had. It is fully supported and all of the content has gone through all tests. Any bugs found and reported would be investigated and fixed, depending on their severity.
Legacy client: This is the pre-4.0 client that is currently being offered to players if they cannot run the current version of the Stable or the Low-Memory clients and have tried the fixes offered on the forums and have posted their issues. See the forums for more details.
Unstable client : This is a "pre-release" version of the client, where client code changes can be made available for final review and testing. As a rule, new client changes will be seen here first, such as new models and/or bug fixes. This does not apply to server changes, as both the Normal and Unstable clients are connecting to the main server, rather than the test server. Any bugs here may or may not be fixed quickly, as this is not a fully supported version. If you encounter features that make the game unplayable or undesirable, it is advised that you fall back to using the normal client until such issues are fixed in the unstable one.
- Optional Experimental pack : Using the Unstable client allows the use of the Experimental pack which holds new or modified graphic models.
Test client : This is a complete, separate testing system, with the latest test versions of both the client and server codes. There's three islands (clones so they look similar), and they are periodically reset, so it's not a good place to actually play and try to build in. Often, newer changes are only partially implemented, and encountering bugs is to be expected. That said, it's a way for players to look at and test the newest changes that are being made to Wurm Online.