Jump to navigation Jump to search
Botanize on a tile or laid by a hen
|Skill and improvement|
A white egg from a bird.
- Eggs decay similarly to other food items. When they have fully decayed, a chicken may hatch.
- Both foraged eggs and eggs laid by hens have a chance to be fertile or infertile. Upon examining an egg, you will see if it is fertile or not.
- 10% of fertile eggs will hatch into chicks, though this percentage likely varies based on creature populations.
- Note that eggs stored in a fsb no longer have the ability to be hatched.
- Eggs found through foraging vary in quality, depending on your foraging skill.
- Renaming the egg sets the name for the hatched chick. However, it does not keep the name when it becomes a hen or rooster
- Eggs also contain the unusual nondestructive ability to be "sucked", as right-clicking on an egg gives the option to Suck Egg. It will give you a weird feeling. This option is only available if you have no item active.