(Redirected from Guard Tower)
|Skill and improvement|
A high guard tower.
Guard tower is used for defensive purposes. It spawns tower guards who are hostile to enemy kingdoms and aggressive animals.
- You cannot create a guard tower inside a building. Failing to start or continue, the material(s) used will be damaged.
- Guard towers take up one tile, but will overlap about half a tile in a 3x3 tile area around the central tile.
- When attaching the last piece, make sure you are facing the tile you wish the tower to be created in. Guard towers can be rotated by the creator, so the initial rotation doesn't matter. They cannot be pushed or pulled.
- Guard towers must be situated at least 50 tiles apart on Freedom servers. Note that it's NOT the actual "distance" that counts, but it has to be 50 tiles in each direction, e.g. going 50 tiles north and then 50 tiles west. ** So, a new tower actually must be outside a square of 101 tiles sidelength, with the existing tower in the middle.
- Error message when too close:
- Towers may be built minimum 150 tiles from another kingdom, or 60 tiles if you are within your own kingdom.
- A tower will create at least 60 tiles of kingdom influence, unless it is at the edge of opposing territory. There are also such things known as "hidden zones." Hidden zones are areas that mysteriously increase the influence radius of an altar or tower by an unusual amount. Hidden zones are most commonly found on mountains or sometimes lakes. There are also hidden zones in places around the world, sometimes small, sometimes large. Hidden zones have been known to add up to an extra 20 tiles on a altar's presence and sometimes up to 100 tiles on a tower's influence.
- You may only destroy your own kingdom's towers if they are made by you or are located on your settlement.
- For each 10 QL of the tower, it will spawn 1 tower guard, up to 5 guards.
- A rare guard tower will spawn 1 extra tower guard, allowing up to 6 guards.
Range and Response
- Guards will respond to a help call if the creature is within 20 tiles of the Guard tower, not of the guards.
- The monster needs to be within 20 tiles of the tower but you can call the guards as long as you are in local range of the tower (80 tiles).
- This can be done by saying either "help" or "guards!" in Local chat within range of a guard tower, after which the guards will attack your current target.
- The text to call the guards MUST be typed in lower case letters to work.
- 2 Guards respond per call, but you can call for more 10 seconds later.
- Tower guards attack players of an enemy kingdom automatically.
- A guard tower that is on a deed will also attack KoS players, assisting any spirit templars that the deed may have.
- They will not automatically hunt other hostile creatures within their range; rather, they will only do so when ordered to by a player.
- The guard tower increases kingdom influence, depending on the allegiance (loyalty to a particular kingdom) of the player who started building the tower.
- They do not attack Enemy guards from the same town during a PMK switch over and not when called on each others (as they are all non-aggressive).
- Do not build fences on the tile borders of the center tile of a guard tower. Although the fence may built, it will eventually be destroyed. House walls will withstand a tower's influence, however.