- You need 20 Body Strength to destroy pavement.
- You need 20.10 Body Strength to dig on roads.
- You need 21 Body Strength to haul.
- You need 21 Body Strength to destroy fences, walls, or buildings.
- You need a 23.0 strength to load items into carts, wagons and boats.
Body Strength helps to reduce the damage a character takes, with the exact formula varying between PvE and PvP.
- PVE: Final Damage = Damage * (120 - Strength)/100
- In other words, a character gets damage reduced by 1% per point of Body Strength.
- PVP: Final Damage = Damage * (1 - (0.15 * ln(Strength*0.8 - 15))), with Body Strength lower than 20 treated as if it is 20.
- In other words, the first few points of Body Strength above 20 give very strong increases to damage resistance, but each point gives far less additional damage resistance as Body Strength rises.
The maximum weight a character can carry is 7 * body strength.
The integer part of body strength (e.g. 25 if 25.62) also determines how much you can carry before starting to move slower.
- Above 2*strength weight, speed drops to 3/4 of normal
- Above 3.5*strength weight, it drops to 1/4
- Above 7*strength weight, speed is only 1/20
Note: A leg wound can lower your effective body strength until the wound has healed.
The maximum weight you can drag is limited by your body strength, it's generously much though.
Maximum weight you can drag = (Body strength * 7 - Weight you're carrying) * 10
To determine how much cargo you can drag in a small cart for example, you must simply subtract the weight of the small cart.
Maximum cargo = (Body strength * 7 - Weight you're carrying) * 10 - 60 (Cart weight)
The weight you're carrying is anything you're carrying in your inventory and anything you're wearing or equipping on your body. To determine how much weight you can carry to drag a specific weight, you can use the following formula.
Maximum carrying = Body strength * 7 - Weight you want to drag / 10
To determine how much body strength you need to drag a specific amount of weight you can use the following formulas as applicable.
Body strength required = (Total weight / 10 + Weight you're carrying) / 7
With an empty inventory: Body strength required = Total weight / 70 (Didn't think it was that easy now huh?) Body strength required = (Cargo weight + Cart weight) / 10 / 7 (See the resemblance?)
For example, someone with 21 body strength carrying 20kg of tools could drag a small cart, which weights 60kg, filled with up to (21BS * 7 - 20kg) * 10 - 60kg = 1210kg, which is 80 stone bricks. Remember the operator precedence rules! If you want to drag 1235kg with your 22.90 body strength, you could carry 36.80kg = 22.90BS * 7 - 1235kg / 10 additional weight on your body and inventory.
Here's a small table of required minimum body strength for draggable items without any cargo.
|Draggable Container||Weight||Minimum Strength to Drag|
|Note: Boats must be floating to be dragged.|
|Small Sailing Boat||140kg||<20|