Analyse is an action granted by the prospecting skill. When used on recently mined rock shards, or even ores, it allows you to determine if any ore veins are nearby the tile the shard was mined from, as well as their approximate distance and direction from that tile. The action is first unlocked at prospecting skill level 20, and requires a premium account to perform. To Analyse, right-click a rock shards, and select "Analyse."
- You are below prospecting skill level 20.
- The shard has already been analysed and cannot be analysed again.. Also appears if part of the shards have been used to make something or used in improving.
How to use
When analysing a shard, several messages will appear in the event window over several seconds.
Depending on your prospecting skill, you will receive different amounts of information from the shard. Nearby ores will appear as traces every few lines. The strength of the traces shows the distance from the tile the shard originated from, to the tile with the ore vein. The level of your prospecting skill will determine the strength of the traces you can detect.
The six different strengths:
- "Traces" - Shows for ore that is 1 tile away. Unlocked with Analyse at prospecting level 20.
- "Slight traces" - Shows for ore that is 2 tiles away. Unlocked with Analyse at prospecting level 20.
- "Faint traces" - Shows for ore that is 3 tiles away. Unlocked at prospecting level 35.
- "Minuscule traces" - Shows for ore that is 4 tiles away. Unlocked at prospecting level 51.
- "Vague traces" - Shows for ore that is 5 tiles away. Unlocked at prospecting level 68.
- "Indistinct traces" - Shows for ore that is 6 tiles away. Unlocked at prospecting level 85.
The distance away from the analysed rock shard/tile is referring to a square around the tile analysed, as shown in this picture:
(white = 1 tile, blue = 2 tiles, cyan = 3 tiles, green = 4 tiles, orange = 5 tiles, pink = 6 tiles)
Additionally, at higher prospecting levels, you can begin to see the quality of veins. Veins farther away require more skill in order to assess the quality. Rather than a specific quality, it lists a range of quality. This is the same vein quality system used in prospecting.
The quality ranges are:
- Poor: 20-29 QL
- Acceptable: 30-39 QL
- Normal: 40-59 QL
- Good: 60-79 QL
- Very good: 80-94 QL
- Utmost: 95-99 QL
Level necessary to see quality at specific distances:
- "Traces" quality, unlocked at level 22
- "Slight traces" quality, unlocked at level 40
- "Faint traces" quality, unlocked at level 50
- "Minuscule traces" quality, unlocked at level 60
- "Vague traces" quality, unlocked at level 90 (Needs confirmation)
By the most new experiments (done at 20 skill in prospecting), it looks like the more distance the ore is at, the more difficult is to determine what its. A message like [xx:xx:xx] You notice a slight trace of something, but cannot quite make it out. would be shown then, as an example, for some ore in the 2nd tile radius, displaying the ore vein as unknown (even if the vein is exposed and you can see it).
Anyway, such given message does not mean that there is an ore beyond that point (and if there is, at that lvl of skill its imposible to say), but that there is an ore in the given radius.
It also looks like different kinds of ore have their own difficulty for being detected. So, since the message from above has been given at 20 prospecting skill and with a Silver Vein, the message [xx:xx:xx] You spot a slight trace of zinc ore. has been given with a Zinc Vein at 2 tiles away.
So far, for now, Silver and Lead are not identificable at 20 skill in Prospecting, but Zinc is when its beyond the 1st tile radius.
- the 4 cardinal directions north, east, south and west if the prospected ore is in a straight horizontal or vertical line on the grid
- the 4 intermediate directions northeast, southeast, southwest and northwest if the prospected ore is in straight diagonal line on the grid
- all other locations fall into the 8 directions east/west of north, north/south of east, east/west of south and north/south of west
This is a possible analyse readout at prospecting level 20-29:
You start to analyse the shard. Lots of different sized rock shards. You notice a trace of silver ore (northeast). You take a closer look. You notice a slight trace of iron ore (south of west). You finish analysing the shard.
This says that there's a silver ore vein right to the northeast from the tile from which the analysed rockshard was mined. The distance one is the square of tiles immediately surrounding the analysed one. Each increment of distance beyond this is the square of tiles immediately surrounding the previous one. In this example the second square, of distance two, holds the iron ore.
Prospecting skill needed to view type of ore : (fileds with "?" are unconfirmed, "unknown" means you will see something like [xx:xx:xx] You notice a slight trace of something, but cannot quite make it out.)
|Traces (1 tile)||-||20||20||20||20||20||20||20||20||20||20||?||20||40|
|Slight traces (2 tiles)||-||20||20||20||21||22||24||25||26||27||20||?||20||40|
|Faint traces (3 tiles)||34||35||36||37||38||39||41||42||43||44||35||?||37||40|
|Minuscule traces (4 tiles)||51||52||53||54||55||56||58||59||60||61||52||64||54||57|
|Vague traces (5 tiles)||68||69||70||71||72||73||75||76||77||78||69||?||71||74|
|Indistinct traces (6 tiles)||85||86||87||88||89||90||92||93||94||95||86||?||88||91|
Prospecting skill needed to view quality of ore : (fileds with "?" are unconfirmed, fields with "-" have not been discovered or may not exist)
|Traces (1 tile)||22||24||24||25||26||28||29||30||31||22?|
|Slight traces (2 tiles)||40||41||42||43||44||46||47||48||49||40?|
|Faint traces (3 tiles)||58||59||60||61||62||64||65||66||67||58|
|Minuscule traces (4 tiles)||76||77||78||79||80||82||83||84||85||76?|
|Vague traces (5 tiles)||94||95||96||97||98||-||-||-||-||94?|
|Indistinct traces (6 tiles)||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
- Rare pickaxe will not add another line of information.
- Ores may also be analysed.
- There is a skill tick chance for each trace strength analysis. (ex. If you can go up to "faint traces" you get 3 skill tick chances.)
- It is possible to detect two veins in the same distance zone. Both can have its quality range listed and be of same type, each on separate lines.
- Rock shard QL plays no part in how much information is given.
- Flint and salt detection is possible.
- Analysing can be done while moving, so long as you do not move too far away (two tiles) from the tile you are currently working on.