Mined from some cave tiles,
|Skill and improvement|
Chunky grains of white salt.
Salt can be found on certain ore and rock tiles while mining as well as milling Rock salt, which is mined from Rocksalt tiles. The maximum QL of the salt will be capped by your mining skill or the maximum QL of the rock/ore tile, whichever is lower.
You can also acquire salt by boiling salty water in a cauldron
- 64 kg of salty water in a cauldron will produce 6 salt with 63.30 kg of water remaining.
- If included in cooking recipes, salt reduces the decay by half.
- Salt is also used in the creation of Animal rugs.
- It is a popular misconception that putting salt in a barrel with food decreases decay. This has been proven as untrue.
- You can mill salt from rock salt at 11 milling
- If you have a prospecting skill of at least 40, you can prospect a tile and see if it contains salt.
- Placing a salt (or any food item) into your bank will cause it to immediately take some damage. The Event window will state "the salt gets dirty."