|Skill and improvement|
An astronomical and surveying instrument, mounted on a tripod.
- A dioptra is utilized by activating it and right-clicking another player holding a range pole. There will be a Survey option with automatic event log messages as follows:
- If your helper is standing in water, you also get the height you are above water.
- Note: Your helper's stamina is drained while they are holding the range pole, which may result in drowning when holding the pole in water.
- Can also be used in a cave to determine the slope to the helper holding the range pole.
- Activate the dioptra and right-click any of Wurm's moons and select Use. Your general geographical location will be displayed in the event window.
- A dioptra is utilized by activating it and right-clicking another player holding a range pole. There will be a Plan Bridge option which will proceed to plan the bridge with automatic event log messages as follows:
- Should there be any reason why the bridge can not be planned, it will interrupt the sequence with the appropriate message.
A dioptra is a somewhat difficult item to make. Assuming you use a protractor of about equal quality to your blacksmithing skill it can be created with as low as 30 skill in blacksmithing. It is recommended to improve the protractor first before you try to create it in order to increase the success rate. The quality of protractor affects creation chance.
- The dioptra uses 0.025 kgs of bronze lump to improve.
- A starter compass may be be used in the creation.
- 90 blacksmithing skill, 14ql protractor gives 29% chance
- 66 blacksmithing skill, 14ql protractor gives 16% chance; 43ql protractor 50% chance
- 42 blacksmithing skill, 42ql protractor gives 25% chance
- 31.9 blacksmithing skill, 18ql protractor gives 6% chance
- Although brass is used to create the protractor, and bronze is used to create the sight, the finished dioptra tool is bronze and is therefore improved with bronze lump.
- Quality of dioptra affects how long the planned bridge may be.
- The maximum distance in metres between planner and helper is quality x 1.6, as an approximation for the number of tiles it is quality x 0.4, but as its almost impossible to stand on the tile borders its best to add 1-2 quality
- The dioptra has a relatively high value and is worth the same as, for example, mooring ropes and door locks of equal quality. Get price = QL^2 * 0.50.
|Note: Rare functionality is still not completely understood and is an exciting aspect of the game. Most information listed is only an observation of one or more players rather than confirmed by developers.|
Rarity on dioptra affects the distance of the bridge that is being planned.