(Redirected from Glowing hot)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Temperature is an important factor in crafting many objects for certain skills, such as smithing, pottery, and cooking. An object needs to be raised to a specific temperature in order to be worked with, usually needing to reach the "glowing" levels.
The temperature scale has 7 divisions:
- Very warm
- Searing hot
- Glowing dimly from the heat - red indicator - sufficiently hot to work with the item.
- Glowing brightly from the heat - blue indicator - very hot (more than required) and will remain hot for a while.
- Glowing white-hot - white indicator - at or near maximum temperature possible (way more than required) and will remain hot for a long time.
- The time it takes items to heat up depends on the quality of the item and heating apparatus (campfire, stone forge, stone oven, etc).
- Higher quality metal lumps will retain their heat longer than lower quality lumps when removed from a forge.
- Food may or may not need to reach "glowing" depending on what's being cooked.