Main / Fuel
Fuel is anything that keeps a fire going.
Fires can be fueled by activating the fuel and then selecting Burn on the fire's right-click menu. Alternatively, leaving the fuel inside the fire till the fuel decays from fire damage will also fuel the fire.
Burn time is dependent on the QL of the container and the total weight of the fuel being added. As a guide, 20 kg is the maximum effective amount of fuel. Any more fuel added above that amount will still be accepted and burned, but will not add to the burn time.
Types of Fuel
- Any wood products (except starter kit wooden shields)
- Olive oil
- Cotton and cloth tailoring products
Examine a fire container to check how much fuel is remaining.
- ~5-20kg of fuel
- ~3-5kg of fuel
- ~1-3kg of fuel
- As a general rule of thumb, when "the fire burns steadily", with most fire containers, that guarantees that you have at least 30 minutes from the time you examine and see that message to the time the fire burns out.
- As the fire begins to die out, any items in the fire container will begin to cool.
- To conserve fuel and avoid wastage, it is recommended to add the fuel into the fire container until "the fire burns steadily".