Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Skill and improvement|
A short but sturdy axe with a thick blade specially designed to cut down trees with but poor in combat.
- QL of shaft affects % chance to create.
- This item is a standard newbie tool. The newbie hatchet is made from birchwood, is not improvable, and will burn if put in any kind of fire; take care as to not accidentally lose it in this way.
- Hatchets used to weigh 1.5 kg before the fight fix in late 2007.
- Hatchet is a small axe specifically made for woodcutting, and is much better at this task than any other type of axe. It is a poor weapon for fighting, however.
- The hatchet and saw are the only tools that give tool skill above 20 when cutting down trees with it. Other tool and weapon skills cannot be improved this way beyond 20; after that using them for cutting wood only gives woodcutting skill.
- Each tool comes with a skill based on the item itself. This skill effects how well you can use a hatchet. Higher skill improves the chance of getting higher quality trees or logs, although the maximum quality is determined by your woodcutting skill.
Skills & Characteristics
When using a hatchet
- Miscellaneous items > Hatchet
When creating a hatchet
- Woodsman at 50 skill
- Hewer at 70 skill
- Tomahawk at 90 skill