|Skill and improvement|
|Cannot be combined, improved or stored in any bulk storage.|
A healing cover is an alchemy item made from natural substances that consists of a poultice of various herbs and other components to be applied on a wound in order to assist healing. It can be applied in addition to a bandage or used on its own.
To apply a healing cover activate it, right click the wound and select treat. To view your wounds either open the character window by double clicking on your healthbar and select a highlighted body part or expand the body section of your inventory and drill down on each highlighted group.
- The chance of success is affected by your first aid skill, the quality of the cover and severity of the wound.
- Failure to apply a cover has a small chance to make the wound worse.
- You may apply a stronger potency cover over a weaker one, but in reverse you are told that .
Activate the first of the two different ingredients and right-click the second, select Alchemy then Mix. To preview the strength of the potential cover select the Lore option instead of mix.
- There is no specific order required for activation.
- Apart from mushrooms, both ingredients must be different.
- Healing covers will vary in weight from 0.02 - 1.80 kg.
The strength of the cover is the potency value of the first ingredient, or substance, multiplied by that of the second:
substance1.potency * substance2.potency = cover.potency
|5||Black mushroom • Gland • Heart • Unicorn twisted horn|
|4||Green mushroom • Lovage • Rosemary • Tooth • Nutmeg|
|3||Blue mushroom • Bison horn • Camellia • Eye • Long horn • Nettles • Sage • Yellow mushroom|
|2||Acorns • Barley • Bladder • Brown mushroom • Garlic • Hoof • Lavender • Lemon • Mint • Paw • Sassafras • Tail • Turmeric|
|1||Corn • Onion • Parsley • Pumpkin • Reed plants • Rose • Wemp plants • Wheat|
The quality of a healing cover is of no consequence to the strength of the cover. To identify whether the cover is weak or strong, examine it for one of the following event messages. The numbers in brackets are the strength based on the above formula.
Once the wound is treated, examining it will confirm the potency of the attached cover.
Half the potency of the cover is added to the healing rate of the wound. For example, a healing cover with a potency of 12 will add 6 more points of healing to the wound per healing tick (10 minutes). This adjustment is in addition to adjustments such as having high or low nutrition, worshiping Fo, and the wound being bandaged.
Wounds that are medium or worse may not heal on their own and may require one of the stronger healing covers to aid recovery. Some weaker covers may only prevent the wound from getting worse, rather than healing. Also consider using a bandage.
- Higher quality healing covers have a higher chance of succeeding the treatment.
- Some butchered items can provide more than one use in creating a cover.
- Higher potency covers are more difficult to create, so may give more natural substances skill at high skill.
- Making healing covers for natural substances skill grinding follows similar rules to mining: You only get a Natural Substances skill tick if the QL of the healing cover you created is under 40.00.