|Skill and improvement|
A decorative lamp head on a wooden post.
- Street lamps are stationary light sources. They are planted much like a sign and can be picked up by the planter only.
- You need 10 digging skill to plant a street lamp, and the lamp must have at least 10 effective quality.
- Planted lamps that fall below 10 effective quality due to decay or other damage become unplanted, and can be picked up normally.
- There's no limit to how many street lamps you can plant.
- When planted on a deed street lamps will be automatically lit during night and unlit during the day. They respond to manual control though. When you snuff them, they stay dark during the night. This is also true after planting, so you need fuel to light them the first time.
- Lamps within 24 tiles of a deed that has one or more Spirit Templars, and a source of olive oil within a huge oil barrel, will be kept filled, and so stay lit indefinitely.
- Off deed lamps will stay lit until out of fuel, unless they are blessed by a priest.
- Blessed lamps planted off deed on pavement tiles will auto-light in the evening and consume no fuel as long as they are fueled and lit initially.
- Blessed lamps planted off deed on bridges will auto-light in the evening and consume no fuel as long as they are fueled and lit initially.
- Blessed lamps planted off deed on reinforced cave floor tiles will remain lit all the time and consume no fuel as long as they are fueled and lit initially.
- When creating, the quality of the log affects your success chance.
- When combining a street lamp head with a log, the entire log is consumed even if it is more than the required weight.
- If you fail creating, the street lamp will be damaged.
- Street lamps need 0.125kg of tar or olive oil as fuel to fill to max capacity.
- Consumes 0.06kg of dye when painting. The dye will only affect the colour of the light the lamp emits, not the lamp itself.
- The lamp quality determines how far the lamp will illuminate.
- Lamps can be bashed off deed as well as picked up if they have 70+ dmg and/or are 10 quality and below.
- Street lamps made from different metals may differ in their light intensity, for example brass lamps illuminate the area better than iron lamps.