Wurm client release notes 2008
This is a shameless, unofficial copy of the Wurm client release notes from the forum's City hall section.
The section headings are the date the client was updated; YYMMDD. Please note that this page was not created by Code Club AB, so it is not an official document.
- Stability fixes
This should help people who got X Error BadMatch or BadWindow when trying to start. It also solves the problem where a new install on mac os 64 (or other platforms that don't support LWJGL) would crash. Also fixed is the crasher on new installs because of missing icons in the file chooser.
- New display option widget
Mostly the same as the old one, but with a few new features. JOGL now supports maximized mode, and both renderers support custom resolutions in windowed mode. It also disables most options you don't need to concern yourself with, so it should be easier to use. Being a new widget, please stay alert for regressions.
- Working scroll bar arrows
The arrows on scroll bars should now work. Clicking on the scroll bar itself is still on the todo list, so no need to tell us about that.
- Window manager improvement
The window positions are now saved and loaded based on the actual canvas size. So if you resize your window during play you won't overwrite your normal-size settings.
- Wiki viewer now supports redirects.
- New splash screen handling and new wurm logo. No more downscaling and stretching.
- Bugfix: Trade windows will now remember their size and position properly again.
- Custom resolution input is now limited to digits (and at most 4). If you get a screen with width/height above 9999px, let us know.
- The client will no longer syn flood the server with library updates.
- Separate console log files for each character.
- Preventing accidentally closing crash windows
The close buttons on crash windows are now disabled for 3 seconds.
- Mine door improvements.
They no longer have tile transitions, and the tile is flat instead of bumpy
- New command "toggle fightspam" toggles spam mode
- New keybinds EXAMINE, TAKE and DROP perform those actions on the current mouse target
- (Hopefully) fixed an issue with non-current GL contexts on Mac OS 10.4
- Typo fix in the crash window.
- EULA is now stored locally
- Ogg sound support (Will be used for music and now we could replace some of the old wav files in the packs)
- Preparations for the upcoming mounts/vehicles code
- Multiselection functionality for stacks by Kilean