Wurm client release notes 2010
This is a shameless, unofficial copy of the Wurm client release notes from the forum's City hall section.
The section headings are the date the client was updated; YYMMDD. Please note that this page was not created by Code Club AB, so it is not an official document.
There's a new main client release. It contains the accumulated changes from the preceding test clients.
This update also brings spring and grasslands in the form of new (old) pack contents.
Changes in 2.6.9-1933
- Make the pack updater more robust on unreliable connections. Main changes are to retry each piece of a pack individually, and to split up big files if downloading them in one go fails. This should make even the new graphics.jar possible to download inside the client.
Changes in 2.6.9-1942
- Bugfix: Fix useless error messages for some console commands
- Bugfix: Fix three more causes of disco water
- Add data validation to the pack updater to detect corruption / modification during transfer. Add a "retry" button for when the update fails. Add a "full recheck" button to scan all the packs for previously missed errors and corruption.
Changes in 18.104.22.1680
- IRC: Display whois response. Display unknown messages as errors.
- IRC: Don't autoconnect to #wurm when a specific IRC server is provided.
- IRC: Change default server to isis.
- IRC: Add /say and /raw commands.
- Bugfix: Off-by-one error in color picking caused lots of console spam.
- Bugfix: Off-by-one error in console argument checking caused weird error messages.
- Bugfix: Fight window size and direction wasn't stored.
- Bugfix: Compass hiding wasn't stored.
- Better pack errors when the pack doesn't exist at all.
- Bugfix: Workaround for ATI issue with wave shader.
- Add a maximum column to the debug timings.
- Bughack: Get rid of disco water in a really ugly way.
- Bugfix: Freshly sown fields have no type.
Changes in 2.6.9-1963
- Changes to grass and steppe sprites to support new spring sprites.
Changes in 2.6.9-1968
- Anchor the swaying grass at the bottom, not halfway up the sprite.
- Various internal bugfixes
Changes in 2.6.9-1992 | 1994 | 2003
- Release candidate fixes to window positions.