Wurm client release notes 2006
This is a shameless, unofficial copy of the Wurm client release notes from the forum's City hall section.
The section headings are the date the client was updated; YYMMDD. Please note that this page was not created by Code Club AB, so it is not an official document.
- More butterflies from grass
- Birds in the sky
- Fish in the water
- Made smoke particles lit by the surroundings
- Tweaked fog particle generation a bit for "mistier" fog (pretty weather required)
- Particles fade out when close to the screen to avoid blinking when a particle passes the player
- New console command: "refresh". Rebuilds most display lists and textures. Use if your terrain starts looking weird.
- The spyglass works again now, and is more useful than ever!
- New option: Sky Detail. Set to high for more detailed clouds, but much less fps. Set to low for very crude clouds, but heaps of fps.
- Support for transparent creatures. Only used for spirit guards now.
- Fixed the picking (mouse-overing) so walls won't block things behind them and so. There might be a small fps drop when hovering the screen because of this.
- Rewrote the collision detection to allow cylinders as well as polygons, and to get rid of the "snags" when following a wall.
- Made trees block movement again.
- Tweaked the fires. Smoke will now drift with the wind.
- Trees near the player now sway in the wind again. The effect is very subtle when there's little wind.
- Added basic support for stone houses. Major server work is needed for this.
- Even darker mines and nights without torches
- Better light from torches
- Natural light from cave entrances
- Fixed rain! It should show up correctly again
- You can now finally mouse-over Sol and the moons again
- Support for items and players tied to the ground layer. This means players and items shouldn't float or get stuck under ground anymore. If the server tells the client something is as height "0", the client always renders them on the ground.
- Visible tools (if performing an action that requires a tool) or weapons on players! See screenshot below.
- Added options to adjust structure and item/creature rendering distances.
- Tweaking terrain/cave picking to make it easier to hover items partially embedded in the ground
- The floors in caves are much flatter now, to make losing things in there harder.
- Caves are WAY darker. I might actually make them even darker in the next client update once I add natural light from entrances
- No more free torch at night
- The client supports light sources attached to models and players. The server will send this information for lit torches and lamps.
- Fixed time synching. The sun should be in the right position now
- Fixed light sources not working right
- Fixed the volume problems in the sound engine
- Fixed the insane slowdown when hovering the game area (not gui) with the mouse.
- Fixed the annoying popup reset for right click menus. You should be able to use them without waiting for the refresh now.
- Added visible player model (male only for now, needs a protocol change for female)
- The client now remembers window positions
- New wurm logo! Should be replaced in the web page as well some day. Wink
- New loading screen.
- The client saves keybindings to a separate file, so if you bind a key ingame, it's remembered the next time you run the game.
- Added an option to not download optional packs. This reduces the initial patch from ~90 mb to ~9 mb, but you (obviously) won't see all models.
- New console command: say. Sends a message to :Local. Example: say /time
- New console command: reallyquit. Quits the client without asking if you're sure.