|Skill and improvement|
A cosy bed with furs and sheets.
As furniture, a bed may be used as a decoration in addition to the uses described below.
You can logout in bed, accumulating useful sleep bonus the longer you are offline. Right-click the bed and select 'Bed' > 'Sleep'.
- A bed can only be slept on if it is inside a completed house. Otherwise the following message will display in your event window:
- To find out if a bed is available or who is sleeping in it, examine it. If the bed is occupied, it will say:
- After the sleeper has accumulated the maximum sleep bonus (5 hours), the bed will be automatically freed up for other players to sleep in.
- If the bed is not on your own deed, there will be a 60 second timer for sleeping in it.
- Sleeping damages a bed, regardless of the house being on a deed or not.
Right-click the bed and Select 'Bed' > 'Rent 10 iron' coins, 'Rent 25 iron', 'Rent 50 iron', 'Rent 1 copper', 'Rent 10 copper', 'Rent 1 silver', 'Rent 10 silver', or 'No rent'.
If you rent yourself a bed, the money will be withdrawn from your inventory and you will then logout to sleep.
- The quality of the head board affects the success chance when creating.
- The bed frame is damaged if you fail.
- Wood type is determined by the foot board.
- Beds can only be started inside a house. It does not have to be a finished house though. You could also build a new house around an existing bed.
- A bed cannot occupy the same tile as another bed or storage bin. It can share a tile with a forge or oven.
- You can use furs larger than what the bed needs. When you add a fur, it will use one kilogram and give you back the rest.
- When finishing the bed, it will be placed perpendicular to you, with the pillow on left side.
Total materials required
- Can not be picked up by hand, but pushed, pulled, and turned.
- Can be loaded into any vehicle like boats and carts.
- Beds that do not have permissions set may be slept in by anyone who has a May Enter permission on the building where it's housed.