Jump to navigation Jump to search
Forestry is the skill used when:
- Cutting sprouts from trees and bushes
- Harvesting from bushes and trees when they are in season
- Pruning trees
- To pick an available sprout, activate a sickle, right-click the bush or tree tile, and click Pick sprout. Trees and bushes only have sprouts at certain ages.
- A forestry skill of 15 or more allows the player to see the age of trees and whether they're sprouting on the tile you are standing on.
- At a forestry skill of 30, this increases to one tile away and by simply hovering the mouse over the tile in question.
- The range at which players can recognize such plant features from afar increases every 15 skill points gained in forestry from that point on. For example, 45 forestry allows identification from up to two tiles away, 60 allows at three tiles, and so on.
- Planting sprouts is part of Gardening.
- To harvest, activate a sickle, right-click the bush or tree tile, and click Harvest. Trees and bushes can only be harvested when mature or older, and must be in season.
- Examining the tree or bush will tell you if it's ready to be harvested, almost ready, or is in season but has been harvested already. With enough skill, hovering the mouse over it will also tell you if it can be harvested.
- The amount of goods harvested depends on the player's forestry skill level and the age of the tree or bush:
- 1 below 26 skill (maximum amount from mature trees)
- 2 at 26 skill (maximum amount from younger stages of old trees)
- 3 at 53 skill
- 4 at 80 skill
- Very old trees with sprouts, some young and mature trees, and overaged trees can be pruned with a sickle to reduce their age.
- Unsuccessful pruning gives the message , but you can try again until you succeed.