Jump to navigation Jump to search
Gardening is a skill, which is used for and raised via:
- Planting sprouts, hedges, flowers, thatch, and mixed grass.
- Watering potted flowers and flowerbeds.
- Cutting grass to obtain mixed grass, picking flowers, and gathering reed or kelp.
- Planting and picking from herb planters.
- Improving trellises using carpentry tools.
- Gardening can be done while moving, so long as you do not move too far away (two tiles) from the tile you are currently working on.
- Level 15 gardeners can mouse over flower, grass, reed, and steppe tiles up to 1 tile away to determine the height and flower type. This range extends by 1 tile for every additional 15 skill (e.g. 2 tiles at 30 skill, 3 tiles at 45 skill).
- Level 30 gardeners can mouse over tiles up to 2 tiles away. This range continues to increase by 1 tile for every 15 points of skill.
- Level 50 gardeners get the message "You plant the sprout, and you can almost feel it start sucking nutrition from the earth." when planting a sprout.
- Level 60 gardeners get the message "You plant the sprout, and you get a weird feeling that the plant thanks you." when planting a sprout, and the level 50 message when planting a flower.
- Level 80 gardeners get the message "You plant the sprout. As you see the plant bow you hear the voice in your head of hundreds of plants thanking you." when planting a sprout, and "You plant the bouquet of [color] flowers, and you see them perform an almost unnoticable bow. Or was it the wind?" when planting flowers.
- Level 90 gardeners get the message "You plant the sprout. As you see the plant bow you hear the voice in your head of hundreds of plants thanking you." when planting a sprout, and "You plant the bouquet of [color] flowers. As you see them bow you hear their thankful tiny voices in your head." when planting flowers.
- To harvest, activate a sickle, right-click the trellis, and click Harvest. Trellises can only be harvested when mature or older, and must be in season.
- Examining the trellis will tell you if it's ready to be harvested, almost ready, or is in season but has been harvested already. With enough skill, hovering the mouse over it will also tell you if it can be harvested.
- The amount of goods harvested depends on the player's gardening skill level and the age of the trellis:
- 1 below 26 skill
- 2 at 26 skill
- 3 at 53 skill
- 4 at 80 skill
- Greenthumbs at 50 skill
- Gardener at 70 skill
- Jiko Enkai Zenji at 90 skill