Clay smelting pot
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Skill and improvement|
An unfinished smelting pot that could be hardened by fire. It could be improved with a clay.
- Once hardened into a pottery smelting pot, it can no longer be improved.
- The smelting pot is used to smelt metal. You can get rid of spare tools that you've created to grind skill by smelting it back down into lumps. You must use the smelting pot as you would a tool, by activating it and right clicking on the tool you wish to smelt. The item you want to smelt must be glowing from the heat. Keep in mind that if your tool is not large enough to smelt into a lump, the smelted tool will simply vanish.
- Low ql smelting pots cap the ql of the lumps at 50 ql.
- The smelting pot cannot smelt every metal item, for instance it cannot smelt locks or keys. And it can't smelt "Newbie" items (the ones you get at game start and won't lose, can't upgrade).
Reasons For Not Smelting
- If no smelt option appears, it needs to become hotter.
- If it says something in your events about that it resists smelting, then the item has an enchant.
- If the item is low weight, smelting it yields no lump.
- All metals can be smelted (tested on a longsword of each type)