|Skill and improvement
A large kiln made from bricks with a clay inner lining and covered in dirt. The purpose is to fire clay items.
Activate the brick, right-click the brick, and select Create > Furnaces > kiln. The unfinished kiln will drop in front of you on the ground. Right-click it with either another clay or stone brick activated, and choose Continue building.
- Subsequent clay can be taken from a single big lump piece by piece. However, the lump will become progressively more damaged if you fail attaching it.
The quality level of a kiln affects both how long it stays lit for and how long it takes to heat up items.
- Heating up items
- Hardening items like pottery or key moulds
- The large pottery amphora must be put into a kiln as all other containers are too small.
- 3 large pottery amphoras may be placed inside of a kiln.
- 7 small pottery amphoras may be placed inside of a kiln.
- Some items may be placed on the kiln as decoration, but any wooden/flammable items will be burnt up.
- Does not take damage on a settlement while the upkeep is greater than 30 days.
- After use, can be cleaned with a shovel to produce ash.
- Rendered kiln takes one additional clay to create.
- Loadable in wagons.