|Skill and improvement|
A forge made from stone bricks and clay, intended for smelting and smithing.
Activate the stone brick, right-click the clay, and select Create > Containers > forge. The unfinished forge will drop in front of you on the ground. Right-click it with either another clay or stone brick activated, and choose Continue building.
- Subsequent clay can be taken from a single big lump piece by piece. However, the lump will become progressively more damaged if you fail attaching it.
To light the forge activate a steel and flint with a kindling in your inventory, then to fuel the forge activate any wooden item, right click the forge and select Burn. Alternatively the fuel can be placed inside the forge, letting the fire damage do the rest.
The quality level of a forge affects both how long it stays lit for and how long it takes to heat up items.
A 74 quality forge will burn for roughly 2 hours 40 minutes with 20kg of woodscraps. It will burn for between 30 and 40 minutes with only the initial lighting and no additional fuel.
- Smelting metal ore into lumps
- Heating up items
- Hardening items like pottery or key moulds
- Cooking. - Note that forges add 10 difficulty to the recipe being cooked.
|Note: Rare functionality is still not completely understood and is an exciting aspect of the game. Most information listed is only an observation of one or more players rather than confirmed by developers.|
Forges with rare properties heat up contained items more quickly and stay lit longer than their regular counterparts.
- Only 20 kg of fuel is needed at a time, any more is unnecessary. QL of fuel does not seem to affect burning time.
- Put items in cauldrons or backpacks inside the forge to allow it to hold more items.
- A forge will hold 7 cauldrons.
- A forge will hold at most 28 ore.
- Items that can be burned like tar or wooden items will take damage in forges once they are almost searing hot. If the item can be repaired, it will lose QL but show no damage.
- Items can be placed onto it, if there is enough room, and will be heated if the forge is hot. Wooden or otherwise flammable items placed on the forge will be burned.
- Any fuel source can be burned in the forge for fuel. This method is the same as Activating the fuel and selecting burn in the actions menu.
- Loading requires a wagon. Currently the forge takes up the same space as 3 large crates within the wagon.
- While a large cart can hold 3 large crates (equivalent size of a forge within a wagon), the cart cannot contain a forge.
- Planted forges will not take damage on deeds.
- Can be cleaned of ash with an activated shovel.