(Redirected from Forage)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Foraging is also used to find branches on grass or trees.
- "Rummage" on rock or cliff tiles to find low quality iron rocks or stone shards, which can be used to create low quality crude tools.
- Higher skill reduces the action timer, increase the average QL of the items found, and increase the likelihood of finding more than a single resources in a single tile.
- Items found when foraging for vegetables are not all considered vegetables for cooking purposes.
- Eating foraged food directly, raw and uncooked, will solve starvation, but they are more nutritional when used in cooking.
- A tile can be foraged every 24 real hours. It is believed that the timer is triggered by an attempt, and not by an actual item being found. Therefore if nothing is found, try another tile instead of repeatedly trying the same one. Tiles not foraged or botanized for a long time can still be empty.
- Tiles that are not foraged for long periods of time (a week or longer) have a higher chance of giving something than tiles that are checked 24 to 36 hours apart.
- It also seems that there is a higher chance of getting something if the tile has flowers on it.
- It is possible to both forage and botanize on the same tile as these actions are on separate timers.
- Different tiles, player condition, and other possible variables affect the percentage of items that can be foraged.
- You have a chance to obtain a rare coin while foraging.
- Foraging can be done while moving, so long as you do not move too far away (two tiles) from the tile you are currently working on.
- Even after hitting 20 foraging you can only pick what category to forage for if currently premium.
|1||forage on grass and trees|
|20||choose what to forage (Anything, Vegetables, Resources, and Berries)|
|23||forage on steppe|
|26||forage two items on grass||one item on short grass|
|33||forage on tundra|
|43||forage on marsh|
|53||forage three items on grass||one item on short grass|
|80||forage four items on grass||two in medium grass, one on short grass|
Messages while foraging
- "This area looks picked clean."
- There is nothing to be found on the tile.
- "You find nothing edible."
- There is nothing to be foraged, but you will find something botanizing.
- "This area looks picked clean. New plants and herbs will grow over time so check back later"
- There is nothing to be found on this tile at the moment.
Skills & Characteristics
- Forager at 50 skill
- Plant Gatherer at 70 skill
- Master of Plants at 90 skill