Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Skill and improvement|
Made from ash and water, this is used when preparing leather.
- When creating lye, all water in the container you're using will be replaced with lye, and ash will be consumed at a ratio of 0.10 kg for every full litre (1.00 kg) of water.
- Even when using 45 kg of water (a small barrel worth) and 0.10 kg of ash, all water will be consumed and 1.00 kg lye created.
- If you use 0.20 kg of ash with 2 kg of water, you can create 2.00 kg of lye. Note that excess water will still be wasted.
- Quality of the lye is capped by the quality of the ash used and affected by your skill check success in natural substances.
- Failing to create lye uses 0.10 kg of water and 0.10 kg of ash.
- Lye is not edible. If you try to drink it, you get the message "Eww.. the lye tastes funny and won't quench your thirst at all!"
- Rare lye adds +1 to the QL of leather produced. Additional applications of rare lye need further research.