A clear scentless liquid.
- Other than a safe refuge from a variety of non-swimming animals and monsters, water has a number of practical uses and can be collected in containers.
- To collect water, activate a portable container capable of holding liquid, such as a pottery flask, pottery jar, water skin, bucket, small barrel, etc, right-click a water tile, and select "Fill". The action is executed on the tile itself, so if it's too far away, an event window message will show "You are too far away".
Once collected, water is used to:
- Create food through cooking it together with other ingredients.
- Bake flour into dough.
- Drink to regain stamina regeneration (can also be done directly on the tile)
- Drinking will refill the water bar at the rate of 4.5% for every 0.1 of water volume
- Mix with other items using alchemy to make dye, lye, etc.
- Temper metal smithing items
- Wash cloth items
- Water pottery items before hardening in a fire
- Can be used to treat acid wounds similar to healing covers which also turns it into a burn wound
Wurm's water table is universally set and is, therefore, always found at the same level.
Water depth puts some restrictions on various actions:
- Paving: At water level (+/- 0)
- Passable by large carts: Seven below water level (-7)
- Tunneling: North-western corner at most 12 dirts below water level (-12)
- Digging: Up to seven dirts below water level (-7)
- Surface mining: Up to 25 dirts below water level (-25)
- Floor mining: Up to twenty five dirts below water level (-25)
- Dredging: Up to 180 dirt, depending on your digging skill (-180)
Traveling on the Waterways
- It is possible to swim reasonable distances across water, but if the player's stamina falls too low while in the water, they will start to drown and eventually die. This makes crossing large bodies of water very difficult without a boat or a swimming animal on which to ride.
- While unladen and unarmoured, a player can swim at about 8km/h.
- While swimming, players suffer a large combat rating (fighting) penalty, so it's not recommended to fight while doing so.
- Water can also be found at certain fixed locations by using a pendulum to perform divination. Water sources found in this manner must be accessed by placing a fountain or well on the spot.
- "Rare Water" is a possible item. Its special features are still unknown.