Reed tiles occur naturally underwater and spread like grass tiles.
If you dig on a reed tile, you create a dirt tile. All the reed tiles surrounding the digged corner will also turn into dirt tiles.
You can pack reed tiles with a shovel to convert them to packed dirt, e.g. for faster movement or for preparing them to be cultivated into dirt or paved.
- Planting reed seeds underwater creates reed tiles.
- Sowing reed seeds underwater creates reed fields instead of reed tiles.
- Gathering reed gives gardening skill.
- Reed fields do grow back over time.
- Reed seeds can now be planted in shallow water to create natural reed tiles. They require a depth of 29 dirts or less, on tiles with a slope of 20 or less.