Main / Wagoner
The wagoner provides a way of sending bulk items (e.g. bricks, etc) to a particular person in a semi-automated way.
Wagoners operate a special wagon for their deliveries. When making a delivery, the wagoner will drive to the collection point, load their wagon, and drive it from there to the destination, unload the goods, before returning to their camp.
Upon placing a wagoner, they will spawn a camp; this consists of some furniture, a campfire and a place to park the wagoner’s wagon when the wagoner is not on deliveries. While idle, the wagoner may be found sitting at his campfire or asleep on a straw bed in their tent.
The waystone becomes the wagoner’s ‘home’ waystone, and the wagoner becomes a citizen of the deed (similar to traders).
The camp layout can not be changed and its rotation is determined by the link it has.
- Ensure that the wagoner container is planted next to the waystone. This can be done by activating the container and right clicking on the waystone and clicking plant.
- Select a receiving player for the delivery; that player will receive a notification that they have a delivery pending (similar to mail notifications).
- The recipient needs to select a waystone to receive the delivery at (connected waystone, but not in a wagoner's camp).
- Once the recipient has accepted the delivery, the job will be added to the wagoner's queue, and they will start working if they are not busy.
- The wagoner will drive to the collection container, load up their wagon and transport the crates to the destination waypoint, eventually unloading the crates at the destination.
- If the recipient does not accept the delivery within a set time, the delivery will time out (and the fees refunded if appropriate).
- Resizing a deed so their camp falls outside the deed boundaries will return the contract to the owner's inventory as well.
- Wagoners may be set to public or private availability, via their permissions (set by the owner), with options for deed and alliance members.
- You can obtain a wagoner contract from a trader for 15 silver coins, allowing you to place your own wagoner on your deed. This gives your deed (or alliance) their own wagoner to use for pickups and deliveries, which speeds up the time it takes for a delivery.
- Wagoners use the new highway system to navigate, so the origin and destination need to be connected via a network of waystones and catseyes
- There may be a delay before the wagoner does the delivery, as will depend on how busy they are
- Delivery costs 1c per crate. And may also be set to C.O.D. (cash on delivery). Money is not credited to the sender's account until the recipient accepts.
- The sender can opt to pay the 1c/crate up front.
- Contracts can cross servers as long as the wagoner is not planted.
Requirements for a camp
- The camp site is created by using a wagoner contract on a (dedicated) waystone, on deed, connected with only one active catseye
- Must be placed around a cul-de-sac waypoint (i.e. one with only 1 link)
- On a flat 2x2 tile area
- Above water level
- Completely contained on a deed
- Only one catseye (and no waystones) on the border of the camp.
Wagoners can be dismissed either by the owner or when their camp falls outside of the village or their village disbands.
In all these cases, the wagoner will:
- Complete any current delivery they are performing.
- Vanish and the contract will become available to be used again.
- Pending for accept deliveries which have the wagoner assigned will be auto-rejected.
- Any containers that were sealed for the deliveries will stay sealed, but can be unsealed by the sender.
- Queued deliveries can be reassigned via the manage-delveries menu if a wagoner is dismissed. Deliveries reassigned this way will not be refunded and will be carried out normally.
- Payment for delivery is taken from the recipient once they accept the delivery. From there, it is securely held at the waystone until the delivery is successfully physically made. At that time, it is then released to the sender.
When you setup a wagoner camp you will get the option to set how they chat. This is also available on the contract itself.
- Wagoners may have several deliveries queued - each simultaneously-active delivery requires its own crate rack. The wagoner will work through the deliveries in order, returning to their home camp after each one.
- A maximum of one wagoner camp may be placed per waystone
- You may not select a wagoner camp as the target for a delivery
- When making a delivery, the crates are left at the delivery point, and will be sealed. Only the recipient may unseal them or load them into a vehicle
- Wagoners cannot cross server borders