A wooden house (more accurately, a wooden building) is relatively easy and fast to build, it requires less skill and resources than a stone house, and offers basic protection from decay, theft, and invaders.
- When building a wall, window, or door, the quality of the materials and the player's skills affect the initial quality of the piece built.
- Create a building plan for the future structure.
- Activate a mallet, right-click the wall plan, and select the desired wall type.
- With the mallet still activated, right-click the wall plan, and select "Continue building" until the wall, window, or door is finished.
- The initial action consumes one large nails and one plank; each subsequent action consumes one plank from the player's inventory.
- A building plan with no walls will decay in a few real-life days so make sure to start at least one wall.
Repairing and improving
- Any damage must be repaired on the walls with a plank before improving it.
- Activate a plank, right-click the wall, and select "Repair" or "Improve".
- The effective quality of the plank is affected by its damage and the player's carpentry skill.
- Any quality plank can be used to repair and improve a wall (which will improve by between around .04-1.5+ QL per plank--more research needed but a higher QL plank will yield more improved QL).
- 1 plank of any QL will only repair 10 damage.